Bacon Wrapped Flank Steak
INGREDIENTS1 1/2 pounds flank steak -- (up to 2-lb.)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste
4 slices bacon
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained
16 ounces tomato sauce
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
5 drops hot sauce or to taste
- Score surface of steak with a knife; rub with garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until limp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Arrange bacon crosswise over top of steak; secure on side with wooden picks.
- Brown steak in bacon drippings over medium heat drain.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: