Bacon Wrapped Steak (Italian Style)
This is for a delicious variation of Rib-Eye or Filet Minon. The orginal recipe was for flank steak.
INGREDIENTS2 10oz. Rib-Eyes or Filet Minons (1/2" to 3/4" thick)
4 slices bacon
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
Pepper to taste
1 medium green pepper (chopped)
3 Scallions [green onions] (chopped)
14 ounce can stewed tomatoes(undrained)
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
5 drops hot sauce or to taste(optional)
- Place a cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 450° on the BAKE setting
- Rub the steaks with garlic salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a seperate pan until limp.
- When the oven is ready, turn a stove burner on HIGH, and heat the cast-iron skillet until it is smoking.
- Wrap bacon around the sides of the steak & secure with wooden picks.
- Next, "sear" each side of the steak for 30 SECONDS (this will seal in the juices).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cast-iron skillet and place in the oven.
- Cook the steaks on EACH SIDE for 4 minutes (steaks will be medium).
- When the steaks are done, plate the steaks and return the skillet to the oven
- Let the steaks rest on a plate UNTOUCHED for 2 MINUTES (this will let the juices expand in the steak)
- After the steaks have rested, pour the mixture from the pan over them and serve.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: